- Location: Kathmandu
- Type: Contract
- Salary: n/a
- Opening: 1
- Experience: 2+ Years experience
- Qualification: Secondary School
United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is seeking applications from interested Nepali candidates for the position of Driver, LICA 2, based in Kathmandu.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent; drivers training with a valid driver’s license is must.
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience as a driver is required;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and motorcycles is highly desirable;
- Experience of driving in the field in challenging terrain is desirable
- Basic spoken English is required. Written English, sufficient to complete the vehicle log, is required.
1. Provides reliable and secure driving services by a) driving vehicles safely in a variety of terrain. The road conditions in Nepal mean that ‘off-road’ driving conditions are regularly encountered.; b) collecting and delivering mail, documents and other items
2. Ensures proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports. Maintenance of the safety equipment provided with the vehicle, regular cleaning of the vehicle inside and out.
3. Ensures the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle by checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tries, etc.; performing minor repairs and arranging for major repairs; and ensuring that the vehicle is kept clean.
4. Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
5. Ensures that immediate steps as required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
Contract type:Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
- This post is only open for candidates who are nationals of Nepal.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
- Driver / Transportation
- NGO / INGO
- Published In
- The HimalayanTimes
- Required Documents
- Valid driver's license
- How to Apply
- Apply Online