- Location: Kathmandu
- Type: Full Time
- Salary: n/a
- Opening: 1
- Experience: 12-15 years experience
- Qualification: CA
Position Summary :
Corporate Finance & Affairs contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all financial tasks and communicating a favorable public image for the organization.
Job Category : Accounting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- To lead and inspire managers and employees through personal example to deliver the Group’s vision, values and priorities
- To build and maintain effective relationships with the Government, public, private and third sector partners in order to ensure the delivery of the Group’s priorities
- Review, reorganize and integrate corporate functions to reduce corporate overheads and ensure they are aligned to provide high quality support services that are dynamic and responsive to both internal and external customers
- Ensure the development of effective working relationships between CGIP corporate functions and other business units across the Group.
- Ensure that resource management and financial planning are at the heart of strategic decision making so that resources are aligned to priorities and supports the long-term financial sustainability of the Group.
- Ensure that high standards exist in relation to governance, risk management, probity, legal and democratic processes.
- Ensure that effective arrangements exist to promote good internal and external communications, strong media relations, as well as maximizing marketing opportunities to promote the Groups services.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the CGIP Audit team and the external auditors as necessary
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the VPs and Treasurer and/or Corporate Finance head office team
- Liaise with the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/or Audit Committee as appropriate
- Assist immediate supervisor with financial reporting as required at management meeting and fortnightly report
- Maintain financial records for each project in a manner that facilitates management reports
- Ensure that accurate and timely financial statements are prepared in accordance with contract agreements with external parties
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Maximize income where possible and appropriate
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities of this post. The post holder may be required to carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor which are commensurate with the level of the post. The accountabilities outlined in the job description will be supplemented by annual key objectives which will be developed and reviewed with the post holder as part of the annual appraisal process.
EDUCATION: University degree or college diploma in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
PROFESSIONAL: Chartered Accountant or ACCA or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset management
FACTORY ACCOMODATION: If available
AGE: Above 40+
EXPERIENCE: 12-15 YEARS+ in similar field
KEY SKILLS: Must be a dynamic and positive leader and communicator with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Accounting / Finance
- Bank / Insurance
- Required Documents
- CV, application
- How to Apply
- Apply ONline