- Location: Doti
- Type: Contract
- Salary: n/a
- Opening: 2
- Experience: 4 years experience
- Qualification: Bachelor's degree
(VA No. WFP CO Nepal/Doti SO-2016-E-08)
“Qualified female candidates and candidates from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply”.
Post Title: Business Support Assistant (Programme/Education)
Grade: SB II (Equivalent to G-4)
Duty Station: Doti
Contract Type: Service Contract (SC)
Number of position: Two (2)
Duration: 12 months (renewable)
Under the overall supervision of the WFP Nepal Country Director and the direct supervision of the Programme Policy Officer (Head of Sub Office) Doti, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive):
- Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Maintain information records and monitoring plan documentation, such as records of commodity movements and programme checklists, in order to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
- Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, in order to support programme reviews and informative decision-making.
- Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to support programme reviews and improve services.
- Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners, beneficiaries, and beneficiaries, to support identifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
- Coordinate with district stakeholders and cooperating partners on WFP Operation practices.
- Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
- Any other business as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Bachelor’s degree in education or in the any other relevant field is desirable.
Experience: Four or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of education or relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language (English) in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified Nepalese nationals are requested to submit an updated and duly signed UN Personal History form (P.11), available on http://www.un.org.np/jobs/locals and from the WFP offices in Nepal (Kathmandu, Damak, Nepalgunj & Dipayal/Doti) along with a letter of interest addressed to the Country Representative, WFP Country Office Nepal, Chakupat, Lalitpur, Nepal.
The application can be sent either by email at email@example.com or in hard copy in a sealed envelope marking the position “Application for the post of Business Support Assistant (Programme/Education)” and coding the VA number in the following address No later than 17 May 2016.
WFP Nepal Country Office
Chakupat, Patan Dhoka Road
P.O. Box 107
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and an interview.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Date of issue of External Vacancy Announcement: 04 May 2016
- NGO / INGO
- Published In
- The HimalayanTimes
- Required Documents
- Online Form
- How to Apply
- Apply by Online Application