- Full Time
- Opening: 1
- Master's Degree
Job Title: Clusters Coordinator
Objective of the Job:
To manage, coordinate and facilitate the work in UMN Clusters, ensuring clusters and their staff are equipped with the necessary human resources, tools, skills and support to effectively implement UMN’s strategic plan.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Providing leadership, line management, support, (including spiritual support) and coaching to cluster team leaders.
- Play a key role in the recruitment of cluster staff and addressing cluster level staff issues with HR, relevant technical teams and CTLs as appropriate to ensure the best use of staff and the appropriate application of policy
- Promote UMN’s fullness of Life concept, strategy and theory of change, and support the CTLs to understand and implement capacity building for “community transformation” approaches through their cluster work
- Ensure UMN’s identity, ethos, values, culture and cross cutting issues (gender, environment and conflict sensitivity) are promoted within and adhered to by the clusters.
- Facilitate, coach and support Clusters in developing Cluster specific concept papers and contribute in proposal development in coordination with Programme Development Unit and Technical Teams.
- Ensure timely and high quality periodical and annual planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting from clusters
- Support the CTLs in networking and building relationships at the District level and build relationships at the regional level as appropriate.
- Ensure effective linkages and good relationships and communication between Thapathali teams and the clusters.
Reports to: Programme Director
The post holder will assume responsibility for decision making in all areas affecting:
- Operational decisions in the running of clusters.
- Partnership with local organisations (through PMC)
- Relevant cluster level staff recruitment and management
- Ensuring all relevant teams are involved in decisions regarding clusters.
- Member of Programme Management Committee (PMC),
- Member of Programme Executive Committee (PEC),
- Member of Security Coordinating Group,
- Direct line management of Cluster Team Leaders
- Responsible for Cluster plan, budget and reporting
Qualification aand Experience:
- An experienced manager with relevant development background educated up to Masters level
- People management experience including developing and supporting staff including multi-disciplinary teams
- Spiritual leadership experience
Skills, Attitude, Behaviours:
- Supervisory & project management skills and demonstrable experience of team management and leadership
- An understanding of and ability to build capacity and implement ‘community transformation’ approaches
- An ability to think creatively, analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action
- Ability to adhere to schedules and ensure others meet deadlines
- A leader with good interpersonal skills who will be trusted and respected by her/his teams
- Spiritually mature and able to disciple others
- Advanced planning and organisation skills
- Willingness to travel frequently to clusters
All interersted individuals who meet the minimum qualification are encouraged to apply for the position. The application form can be downloaded from the website.
Completed application should be send by email by 4:00pm on deadline at the latest. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process.
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalised groups.
- Job Category
- Job Industry
- NGO / INGO
- Published In
- Required Documents
- How to Apply
- Apply by Email